Traveling towards the beach is an ultimate break from your everyday life. If you have been following me on Instagram regularly, you would know that I took my first big vacation with the Twins! Yes, we went for the first time when they were 5 years old but at least we did go!! During our first experience with traveling with them, We realized we made a few mistakes and forgot certain important things during our travel. Though Goa has a lot of people staying there for months, so grocery and other everyday supplies are available easily, but you may be in a soup f your baby is allergic to certain brands or if you use just a particular product. The stores may not have the same brands available, putting you in a soup. So here for you I have compiled a list of items you must have when traveling to Goa or any beach destination, especially with kids.
Travel Checklist for a Beach Vacation
Travelling to the beach, here are some clothing options you must carry.
- Cotton clothing as weather towards the beach is usually very humid
- Cotton Tops
- Beach Shorts
- Leggings/jeggings made of light material
- Quick drying clothing or basic swimwear/beachwear when going to the beach. Especially for the kids
- Extra Clothing sets no matter where you go
- Hats and Caps
- Extra Hand towels to carry wherever you go
These enlist items that should be carried for the kids too. Make sure that if you are used to a certain brand of products, you carry them with you. Do not rely on local markets to get your products.
- Body Wash
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Tooth Paste and Tooth Brush
- Sun block
- Hand sanitizer
- Face Cream
- Lacto Calamine or Aloe Vera Gel to soothe any infections, irritations or sun burn
- Shaving essentials for Him
- A red Lipstick ( A beach visit is incomplete without a dash of Red) Mattes work best for the beach
- A basic lip balm
- BB Cream
- Foundation for parties in the evening (Optional)
- Make Up wipes
- Waterproof Eyeliner
- Waterproof Mascara
- Diapers, and a lot of Diapers
- Ready to make baby food
- Preferably an electric kettle to go with you
- Extra Set of Clothes
- Pair of Socks for Sudden Temperature changes
- Mosquito repellent patches and roll ons
- Also carry diaper rash cream and talcum powder if you use those often
First Aid Kit
- Antiseptic Ointment
- Antiseptic liquid
- Cold medicines (for little one and grown ups)
- Anti allergic medicines
- Gas Medicine
- Thryroid medicines if you take any
- Any regular medicines that you take or the baby takes
- A vapor rub
- Loose motion medicine
- Vomit medicine
- Take some anti chaffing cream with you. The good old coconut oil also works great. You can also use your baby’s diaper rash cream in case you forget to carry an anti chaffing cream for yourself.
We often forget to carry components of electronic capacity together and end up buying either duplicate spare parts or very expensive essentials due to missing on taking them home. Make sure you carry all your required electronics, and all associated components like their cases and chargers with you, whenever you plan a beach trip.
- Chargers for phone/Laptop/Camera
- Spare Memory Cards
- Chargers for Electronic Toothbrushes
- Handful of extra batteries if you are taking some battery operated equipment
- Headphone Charger
- Case for all your equipment like headphone, laptops, and the like
Always carry these accessories whenever you plan a vacation to the beach with your little one.
- Flip Flops for the whole family
- Extra Plastic Bags
- Extra Newspapers
- Some Paper Napkins
- A Face wash
- A handwash
- A backpack to carry all the excess stuff to the beach
- Sun glasses
- Botte of Drinking water
- Bottle of Tap Water for a quick rinse
- Extra bottles of milk/formula
- Beach Hat
- Beach Shorts
It is important to carry water, even more so electrolytes. I prefer doing that in a stainless steel water bottle so it can maintain temperature for longer hours. My favorite is the insulated water bottle & Drynk from Vaya, as it keeps drinks cold for 18 hours or hot for 12 hours (temperature as required) and also has cups to help you drink.
With kids, cups can be very helpful and since the cups attach to the flask itself, it’s very convenient to carry.
Which of these items are you most likely to forget?? Share with me in the comments below.
This blog is a part of the Momology Blog Train based on the below mentioned picture prompt:
Adhere to the below mentioned rules:
- Follow all the host’s blogs, Thoughts by Geethica, Slimexpectations, Mummasaurus and Truly yours Roma and Facebook – Geethica, Zainab, Roma and Prisha
- Read, comment and share all the host’s blogs.
- Read, share and comment your fellow bloggers also. We believe in community love.
- Week 3 contest starts from 4thMarch 2019 and ends on 10th March 2019
- Follow our sponsors – Firstcry Intellikit, Instacuppa, Lotus herbals baby, Hugs n Tugs, Unorthodoxpeeps, Shumee Toys, Diet Funda and Tina Basu.
- Give shout outs to all the brands and hosts in your stories for brownie points.
All the back links should be do-follow links.
Sponsored posts are not allowed
Prompts for Week 4: Write on any one of the below picture prompts:
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
We have never been on a beach vacation but very soon, we will be planning one. Your list has covered all the points. When you pack all the necessary things that you re going to need during your stay the you can make the best of the. vacation and not running around to collect stuff.
We love beach vacations and I found your list exhaustive. I will surely refer to it when I pack for my next one. Thanks for sharing it!
Such a great list with all important points. indeed it is very important to follow a checklist before going for your beach vacation espcially with kids. and you post is really informative that covers all aspect. #Momology
This is a wonderful checklist. Why don’t you make an Infographic. #Momology
Oh thank you so much for the extensive list.. ☺️☺️
That’s a very comprehensive checklist! #momology
Thnaks for this checklist. I am not going to make one ever now, I am just going to save this one. I think this works for most of the vacations so can alter according to the place of visit.
Prisha, I like the way you have categorized every item. This post is bookmarked 🙂
Thank you for posting the detailed list.. This is of great use for me as we often go on beach vacations..
Very hand list Prisha. I am such a list junkie. I cannot start packing without a list. Going to save this one for whenever my next beach holiday happens