With changing times, our festivals have changed drastically too!! We are mostly limited to festive attire and festive food. But if you pay a keen eye, festive food is not as simple as we believe. With friends and family visiting us during this cheerful season, you can never have enough recipes to whip up. But worry not, I recently started using more of Dr. Oetker FunFoods products and tried out some Recipes. These, I’m sure, will be super duper Hit during Dussehra & Diwali. Here are some interesting recipes, created by Chef Gaurav Chadha.
I have chosen recipes that are easy to pick and eat. Which means that you would not require serving portions in separate bowls. These snacks can be picked by hand and eaten directly, leading to lesser utensil cleaning during the busy season of festivals. It is also convenient when friends want to move around in the house or if there is a dance party and they can just pick a bite and get back to doing whatever they were doing anyway.
Peanut Butter Kachori
This is a sweet kachori with Dr. Oetker FunFoods Peanut Butter Crunchy, dry fruits & desi ghee.
For the Wrap:
250 G refined flour or Maida
50 g (3tbsp) Clarified Butter
100 ml Water
3 TBSP Sugar (Optional)
For the filling:
Half cup dry fruits of choice, chopped.
1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut Powder
50 g (3 tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Peanut Butter Crunchy
Cardamom Powder – optional
Oil for Frying
- Add the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ghee, maida, sugar, and water and knead into a smooth dough. Cover the dough for 15 minute minutes and the divide into 15 balls.
- Roll each ball into 6inch dia. round chapatti. Place 1tbsp of stuffing in center, pull the edges of the dough to wrap the filling & give the shape of kachori.
- Heat oil (low flame) in a kadhai, fry kachori until golden brown in color. Serve with some khatti–meethi Imli and jaggery chutney
Nachos & Corn Chaat
60 g (4 tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Veg Mayonnaise Original
100 g Nachos, Jalapeno flavor
60 g Sweet Corn Kernels boiled
1 small Onion, chopped
2-3 Green Chilly, chopped
1 medium Tomato, chopped
3-4 Coriander Leaves, chopped
1 tbsp Roasted Peanuts
3-4 Sliced olives
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Sev
- Arrange nachos in the serving dish, as per your own liking.
- Mix all the other ingredients except sev in a bowl. Do check the flavor and seasoning before you spread it on the nachos.
- Layer the chaat mix on the nachos just before serving, so as to avoid the nachos getting soggy.
- Once the plate is ready, garnish with sev and serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy making these simple and quick recipes. Both of these recipes can be prepared in advance and can be served to guests, still tasting awesome.
If you liked these recipes, do SHARE this blog with your friends.
You may also like to check My 3 Step, Instant Dhokla Recipe
I’m taking my Alexa to the next level with Blogchatter, what about you?!