Hypomagnesemia can be broken down to hypo – meaning deficiency and Magnesemia meaning – of Magnesium. So hypomagnesemia basically means low amounts of Magnesium in the blood. Magnesium is a mineral required by almost all of the organs of the body. Heart, Muscles, kidneys, and the making up of teeth and bones cannot do without enough of magnesium in the body.
The condition is not extremely common but is also not something one should ignore. With Magnesium deficiency, no one really connects its alarming symptoms as a problem.
What are the common symptoms of hypomagnesemia
- Increase in Blood pressure or Hypertension
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Restless Leg syndromes
- Cramps in legs at night
- Worsened Pre-menstrual Syndrome
- Damage to the body that may lead to migraines
- Can also contribute to disorders like multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s or even glaucoma
- Osteoporosis and poor bone health
- hindering absorption and creating a deficiency of Vitamin K, Calcium, Potassium and Vitamin B1
- Weakened immune system
- eclampsia and preeclampsia
- behavioral disorders
- mood swings
- Disturbance in sleep pattern or even insomnia
- Muscle NUmbness
Reading through the symptoms, one may feel that they already have more or less of these symptoms. But the severity of these determines the level and degree of Hypomagnesemia. It is crucial to get an assessment for the same from a professional practitioner.
Causes of Hypomagnesemia
Symptoms of Hypomagnesemia become evident when levels of Magnesium drop significantly in the body. With a reduced magnesium content in the body, symptoms become constantly bothering. The levels of Magnesium may drop due to various reasons. The common cause of Hypomagnesemia are:
- Usage of AlcoholFor some individuals, even a slight amount of alcohol consumption may cause a deficiency. So it is good to keep a watch on emerging symptoms after a party.
- Sweating a lot may also cause loss of Magnesium
- Large Burns that affect big portions of skin can also cause Hypomagnesemia
- Some medicines like diuretics and antibiotics
- Chronic Diarrhea, especially in infants
- Excessive urination due to other conditions like uncontrolled diabetes and aute renal failure
- Excessive Calcium in the body
- Malabsorption of nutrients due to disorders like Celiac disease
How To combat Hypomagnesemia
Consuming Foods rich in Magnesium
Food is the easiest way to combat Hypomagnesemia. Certain foods contain a good amount of Magnesium and when consumed, can help correct mild to moderate Hypomagnesemia. Foods that are rich in magnesium are:
- Green and Leafy Vegetables like spinach
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Black beans
- Dark Chocolate
Supplementation with Magnesium Citrate
Food can help rebuild magnesium levels if the drop is minor.
For a Moderate or severe damage to the body’s magnesium stores, it is helpful to take supplements. Magnesium Salts, like Magnesium Citrate, help reduce the effects of a Hypomagnesemia in the body.
Zenith Nutrition Magnesium Citrate
Zenith Nutrition offers Magnesium Citrate capsules as Magnesium supplementation. It is recommended for people suffering from Hypomagnesemia. As a dosage for rebuilding the Magnesium levels in the body, one capsule a day is an appropriate dosage.
I suggest Zenith Nutrition Supplements for Magnesium Deficiencies because:
- Very helpful in treating Moderate to serious cases of Hypomagnesemia
- No Sugar or Salt
- FSSAI approved
- No Animal Sources for their Nutrients
- No Gluten
- Free of Toxins
- Free of Metals
- No added Flavors and colors
- Easily available
Price and Availability:
Zenith Nutrition Magnesium Citrate is available easily on Amazon.com and other leading medicinal stores.
The price for a bottle of 60 capsules is INR 980
Do SHARE this blog with your friends to spread awareness about Hypomagnesemia.
You may also like to read Here’s Why Anti Hair fall Remedies Don’t Work on You
Disclaimer: This post is a Sponsored post, but the views expressed in the article are of the writer alone.