The moment you become a mother, your friend circle waves a hearty goodbye and a kiss to you. Along with the baby come bouts of solitude that become a little too much to adjust to. So, ‘desperate-times, desperate-measures’ method of coping leads you to social media. From seeking help to providing it, moms connect with other moms online, which becomes a consuming activity in their life. Thus, from being a social butterfly, you metamorphose into a Social media butterfly!
Now there’s a difference between an avid social media user and a Social Media Butterfly.
Sharing here are some ‘signs and symptoms’ that tell you, you are definitely one!
Your friend list keeps growing phenomenally – 4oo/500/600 don’t seem huge numbers to you.
2. You know a lot of people online by their profile ids. An even larger chunk of people knows you! You get friend requests from a lot of other fellow moms. They often have mutual friends but you have no idea who they are.
3. You are a part of tons of groups. One for recipes, for the general health of the baby, hobby groups. If it’s popular you are in it!
4. You are the favorite of people hosting giveaways because you can drive a good chunk of traffic with your online friendships.
5. Your pictures are rather recent. Not the ones that were taken at Jhunjhun’s wedding 3 years ago!
6. You update your stories regularly, if not every day! Those things help you speak your mind.
7. Parenting apps – you have them all downloaded. You also have quite a recognition there because, well, you’re a social media butterfly!
8. No matter what group you ping, you have acquaintances in that group already
9. You can’t keep up with the ever flooded notifications, messages, and pings. It is quite probable that you end up forgetting to reply a few.
10. You enjoy all the attention – and why wouldn’t you? The constant tags, people seeking help, a lot of people recognizing you in the social space – it’s a remarkable feat truly!!
I am sure you know at least one person who is a social – media butterfly!! Don’t forget to tag them in the comments below! Do share this wth your friends to spread a good laugh.
If you liked this article, also read my blog on 12 Kinds of Moms found in Mommy groups on Facebook
Till then, Happy Socializing, Butterfly!!
Disclaimer: – None of these comments are to be taken too seriously as they are not intended to offend or taunt anyone. It is just a light take on everyday musings.